Saturday 14 July 2012

Strange Water

I stand above your blacked surface,
An expanse I cannot measure.
I shudder at your unsightly purpose,
The secret of my displeasure.

I came to you three nights before
To feed you with my bounty.
I gave you that which I abhor,
As if it were my duty.

She will ne'er be bothered by the tide,
Or washed ashore like flotsom,
You swallowed deep my deathly bride,
Weighed deep within your bosom.

I kneel before your depth of woe,
Drawn back by my disgrace,
I crawl until I'm head to toe,
Lost deep beneath your surface.

2 comments:

  1. Hm I think I see a mistake. *Gasp* A mistake in John's work? Never. lol. "Weighed deep within you bosom." Isn't "you" supposed to be your?...doesn't sound quite right otherwise.

    Over all very epic sounding.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, it does happen, especially when things are written using my mobile! Corrected!

      Delete