Sunday 3 July 2011

The Beach

I look to the horizon and take in the view
I wonder at the beauty of the colours and the hues
A distance of deep sea greens and blues
And the sand I will take home in the bottom of my shoes

The horses of white that race to the shore
Shrinking and collapsing to be replaced by more
Like a mysterious rite of ancient lore
They bid me join them, their embrace to explore

The sea is my companion, its warmth my friend
It heals and restores with the heat it sends
I hope it sees my weaknesses, my heart to mend
It will always be with me, its affection never ends.

4 comments:

  1. The second part here reminds me of the last unicorn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I had that in my head a little :) love that film.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do too. I used to cry a little.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww this is a nice one :) imagery really good again

    ReplyDelete