Monday 13 June 2011

Emotion

Just finished watching Terry Pratchett's documentary on BBC2 re: assisted suicide. Hard to watch, but Terry is such a unique and lovable person, his viewpoint gave it credibility.

I don't believe it promoted the act, but it gave credence to people, knowing you can do it can give you the strength to no do it.  Whereas for others, not having to travel and spend so much would allow them the escape they need or deserve.

I believe people should have the choice.  The choice itself is not easy, but it should not be taken away from your just because you cannot afford it.

On another point....

Emotion
Embrace emotion in all of its forms.We are human, and so long as we are not consumed by them, emotions make us strong. I must face my fears, I must accept my emotions, I should wear them on my sleeve . I am a creative person, a writer, a poet, I am not an automaton. Yes it is good to laugh, but you cannot suppress your feelings without suppressing yourself.
We are human, therefore we feel.  We are human, therefore we fall in love. We are human, therefore we make mistakes. We are human, and that is enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment