Friday 16 September 2011

Lovers


My heart is unbridled, I cannot pretend,
That all I require is just a good friend.
I need a companion, a lover, and then
Maybe, just maybe, I’ll find love again.

I searched in my heart for what love should be,
I realised too late that it always starts with me,
To love oneself is a challenge, not a goal,
You won’t find redemption if you don’t have a soul.

My passion is a burden, too much for one man,
If I let if go I will be dead again
I will foster and keep it, then set it free,
I’ll use it to catch you and bring you to me.

1 comment:

  1. "To love oneself is a challenge, not a goal," Great line Oz. 'Cause often it is a challenge especially when depression enters the picture and everything seems obstacled. Love the first stanza. Definitely so you. Over all, I like. Mucho.

    ReplyDelete